Jones wins all-around title at 2018 USA Gymnastics Women’s Collegiate National Championships
DENTON, Texas, April 13, 2018 – Schyler Jones of Texas Woman’s University won the all-around title at the 2018 USA Gymnastics Women’s Collegiate National Championships, held at Texas Woman’s University’s Kitty Magee Arena in Denton, Texas. Cornell University, Lindenwood University, Texas Woman’s University, and U.S. Air Force Academy, will compete in the finals on the night of April 14 at 7 p.m. CT. Competition wraps up on Sunday with the individual event finals 1 p.m. CT.
Jones won the all-around with her 39.600 total. Seattle Pacific University’s Darian Burns and Cornell’s Amy Shen tied for second at 39.100. The University of Bridgeport’s Kelsey Campbell was fourth (39.050) and Air Force’s Tyler Davis was fifth (39.000).
The other schools that competed in the team competition are Brown University, University of Bridgeport, University of Pennsylvania, and Yale University. Schools with athletes competing for an event or all-around title only are: Centenary College, Seattle Pacific University, Southeast Missouri University, Southern Connecticut State University and West Chester University.
The USA Gymnastics Collegiate Championships is for Division I, II and III schools with less than seven-and-a-half full scholarships.
Team semifinal results
1. U.S. Air Force Academy, 194.950
2. Lindenwood University, 194.950
3. University of Bridgeport, 194.850
4. University of Pennsylvania, 193.925
1. Texas Woman’s University, 195.700
2. Cornell University, 195.000
3. Yale University, 194.350
4. Brown University, 193.825
1. Schyler Jones, Texas Woman’s, 39.600
2. Darian Burns, Seattle Pacific University, 39.100
2. Amy Shen, Cornell University, 39.100
4. Kelsey Campbell, University of Bridgeport,39.050
5. Tyler Davis, U.S. Air Force Academy, 39.000
5. Maya Reimers, University of Bridgeport, 39.000
7. Jade Buford, Yale University, 38.925
8. Tavia Smith, Centenary College, 38.750
9. Darby Nelson, University of Pennsylvania, 38.425
10. Emma Firmstone, Yale University, 38.125
10. Itzia San Roman, Seattle Pacific University, 38.125
12. Kathryn Doran, University of Bridgeport, 38.100
13. McKenna Zimmerman, Seattle Pacific University, 37.800
Individual event qualifiers